Monday, April 13, 2009

Home Business - Do You Prospect in Your Pajamas?

By Danielle Furneaux

Those of us lucky enough to work from home without having face to face contact with people all day long have a few advantages when it comes to our wardrobe. Deciding what to wear each day can be an absolute nightmare in some households, making the time it takes to get ready so much longer than it needs to be. I truly believe there are no rights or wrongs when it comes to dress sense for the home business operator. Here are five outfit options the home business owner has which most traditional employees would simply never have available to them.
The PJ's
I admit, at times, I am quite partial to prospecting in my pajamas. Generally it is not the intention when I wake to spend my morning working in this attire. I just get so caught up in what I am doing and really enjoying myself, so dressing up completely slips my mind. Personally, I find that I am quite productive at this hour in this attire, so why stop the flow to get dressed up for the cat or dog.
The Bikini (Or Any Other Swimwear)
One thing I always missed when working as an employee was the beautiful sunshine in the middle of the day. The short break for lunch was never enough and it severely limited my ability to gain even a slight tan. As a home business operator it is awesome to be able to grab my phone and laptop and head outside to work and enjoy the best part of the day. The only advice I have for this option is to ensure you also put on some sunscreen.
The Natural Look
Your choice of attire is absolutely at your discretion however, I do recommend that you make an effort to put something on. If you simply can't cover up, please do your prospects a favor and avoid discussing your taste in fashion at all costs. Unless you are promoting Natural Retreats it could prove to be detrimental to your business.
The High Heels
I have actually come across a few ladies in my time that just can't start their day without slipping into a sexy set of heels. While this one probably won't appeal to the men out there, it can be an instant confidence booster for a lot of women. The rest of the outfit is completely irrelevant. They can be worn with any of the other categories described as it is not the clothing that is important. All that matters is the feeling you get when you slip your feet into that perfect pair of heels. So, if the shoe fits!
The Bed Hair & Morning Breathe
It is absolutely OK to celebrate bed hair each day for a little bit longer than those who are employees. There is however, one rule that must apply here. Although bed hair is acceptable, morning breathe is definitely not on. If you have to choose between the hair brush and the toothbrush, there is only one choice.
Most importantly you must feel comfortable when working from home. Pick an outfit to wear that suits your lifestyle, yet is conducive to doing business. Flexibility and increased choices are two of the big draw cards to working from home, so it goes without saying that how you choose to dress falls into this category as well. If you are a home business operator, celebrate having options and knowing that anything goes.
If you are interested in learning about the
home business that is bringing me more success than I thought possible, check out Want Ur Own Biz.

Article Source:
http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Danielle_Furneaux

No comments:

Post a Comment